What people say to runners (in no particular order):
- I only run when I'm being chased.
- Did you enjoy your jog?
- You know, the guy they named the marathon after died at the end.
- You run voluntarily?
- How can you eat half a pizza and still look that good?
- How can you run when it's that cold?
- How can you run when it's that warm?
- You ran a 5K/10K/half-marathon? I could never run that far.
- I just don't have the time to run.
- You ran the entire time?
- Why would you do that to your body?
- Don't you get bored?
- Can't you just run on the treadmill at the gym?
- I hear running's bad for your knees/back/hips/other body part, which is why I don't do it.
- (after telling them how far you ran) Wow. I can barely drive that far.
- Aren't there easier ways to lose weight?
I used to say #8 to people, and the bf says #15 to me all the time :) Great list!
I love that quote! I hope the day doesn't come where I can't do this any more.
Don't forget "Run Forrest Run!" Someone once shouted that out of a car window at me. Soooo original. (rolls eyes)
I will scream if I hear # 3 once more. And people love to use #14 as an excuse.
Hee, funny list! I think I've heard them all except for the pizza one (only started eating pizza recently and never more than 2 pcs so far).
I'm with Marlene - number 3 and number 14 drive me nuts (where is the hash key on my new MacBook?). There is also the judgmental "I (emphasis on I) don't have the time". To which I say - yes you do, you don't make the time...
Post a Comment