While I didn't have a deep desire to do another marathon after the last one, I signed up after getting an email from a friend for a couple of reasons. (I also talked about it here.)
- The Lehigh Valley (which includes Allentown, Bethlehem and Easton) was my home for seven years after college. I very much enjoyed my life there and I miss the area a lot since my move to law school.
- The area was where my running began nearly three years ago. I trained for my first race, the Broad Street Run, there and started to become the healthy person I am today.
- Allentown is only an hour away from my family and minutes away from many friends. I missed this so much with the New Orleans Marathon. I only got to see my dad twice and I missed not looking forward to seeing others. This will not be a problem in this marathon.
- The course was redesigned and made flatter. It runs through beautiful trails (on which I used to run) so that we can stay cool.
- Last, but not least, THE Bart Yasso is the race director (Allentown is the home of Runner's World.) He's a personal running hero of mine and I want to do something to benefit an organization that he runs because he's done so much to benefit my running life.